- Superalloy Heat Treatment
- Superalloys require heat treatment in a vacuum furnace. The absence of oxygen and other gases prevents oxidation.
- Our Furnaces
- We share two Ipsen vacuum furnaces that process up to 6000 pounds at 2,400 degrees Fahrenheit at up to 10 ^-5 Torr.
- 48Wx48Hx72” Horizontal Vacuum Furnace
- 60” Vertical Vacuum Furnace
- Hydrogen Cleaning
- Vacuum Brazing
- Material buildup with braze similar to base metal
- Install Honeycomb seals on superalloys
- Joining metals
- Stress Relief
- Remove stresses in the material from welding and machining
- Precipitation Age Hardening
- Improve high temperature strength of superalloys
- Coating Diffusions
- MCrAlY coatings can be diffused into nickel and cobalt based superalloys to create a diffusion bond.
- Vacuum Fuse
- Spray and Fuse in a Vacuum